Mamacita Lolita’s Street Tacos
This lil tumbleweed was fortunate to get to “tumble and tarry” in Austin. I loved the culture so much it inspired my favorite street taco recipe, that’s as eclectic as the city itself. Influenced by Austin’s hip food trucks and trend-pushing restaurants, these tacos are a great reflection of the unique flavors of Austin. It’s a little sweet, spicy, and fruity. It will have your mouth dancing and begging for more. I’ve made it for friends and it’s always a hit!
Skirt Steak Marinade:
- 1.5 lbs beef skirt steak (is pictured but I preferred sirloin tip)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons EVOO
- 1/3 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
Mix marinade, place beef and marinade in a large plastic bag for at least 4-8 hrs, remove and grill at 350 degrees for roughly 5-7 min on each side. At the same time place corn tortillas wrapped in foil on the grill to warm while you cook the meat. Pull off the grill, let the meat cool then, slice for tacos.
Place sliced meat on top of corn tortilla, add taco fillings, and drizzle with dressing below:
Better’n Chuy’s Jalapeño ranch dressing:
- 3/4 cup Ranch salad dressing (I prefer Ken’s Ranch)
- 2 tablespoons Chobani plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of jar pickled jalapenõ peppers
- 2 tablespoons avacado
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lime juice (to taste)
Place all dressing ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well mixed.
If you try this, comment please! I’d love your feedback!